Flowfinity Actions allows us to easily keep track of where crews are during the day and what they are working on. With better management of man hours, equipment hours, and materials handling, we’re able to cut costs and improve our competitive position.
Lafrentz Road Marking Improves Operations with Flowfinity
Instant field reporting delivers better customer service, cost savings and competitive advantage
Industry: Road Building, Construction
Company Size: Medium Enterprise
Function: Field Service Reports, Safety Reports, Sales Call Reports, Catalog of Standards
Larentz wanted to replace a paper system for daily job reporting and managing field personnel with a simple to use, robust and automated solution that reflected the company’s current business processes.
Flowfinity Actions is used to handle daily job reporting, provide up-to-the-minute updates to customers, and instant access to an essential list of current municipal construction standards.
- Reduced cost of daily paper-based job reporting
- Customer appreciation of up-to-the-minute field status reports
- Reduced overhead dealing with handwritten reports
- Reduced incidence of re-work due to immediate access to catalogs of standards
- Keeping projects on budget through timely reports
Automate reporting system to reduce costs, improve accuracy, and gain competitive advantage
Lafrentz has been Western Canada’s leading road marking company for over 30 years. The company’s profitability depends on keeping projects on time and on budget while providing excellent customer service. With a number of crews working in the field at all times, effective management of these crews is essential to maintaining competitive advantage.
Until recently, the company’s crews had to fill out handwritten job reports including materials reports and time sheets and fax them in at the end of each day. This was seen to be inefficient and error prone because crew leaders had to remember the information and wait until the end of the day to fill out paper reports.
At times the company suffered from data loss because crews were working in remote areas. Increased administrative costs were incurred dealing with incomplete or illegible reports. Further complicating the task are construction standards that vary by municipality, increasing the chances for re-work if a job was not done to code.
Lafrentz selected Flowfinity Actions to:
- Automate their reporting system and remove the need for paper reports
- Keep track of time and status of jobs
- Improve accuracy by allowing crews to fill in reports through the day
- Ensure compliance with safety reporting timeliness and accuracy requirements
- Eliminate the cost of faxing reports from hotel business centers
- Provide up-to-the-minute status reports to customers
- Adapt to their business processes
- Provide an easy-to-use solution
|Next: The Solution||Page 1 | 2 | 3|